You can open this BPI savings account for OFWs — Pamana Padala — for only 500 pesos.
Why is this a good savings account?
It comes with free accident and life insurance. Basta regular ka lang na mag-ipon sa account na ito.
This is good for your family just in case you are called to heaven unexpectedly.
How to open this BPI savings account:
1. Prepare your original valid ID (with photo and signature)
and a proof that you are an OFW (any one below)
– work visa in your passport
– work permit
– OFW job contract
– OEC from POEA
– OWWA ID (unexpired)
– Seaman’s book
– PDOS certificate
– CFO certificate
– foreign residence ID
2. Prepare your initial deposit of 500 pesos
or US$500 (for US dollar account)
3. Bring above items and go to any BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branch
(preferably near your residence)
4. You will fill up the following BPI bank forms:
– Savings account opening forms
– BPI Pamana Padala Enrollment for Group Life Insurance Coverage
– Your beneficiary or beneficiaries should be your immediate family members
(spouse, children, parent, brothers, sisters).
Beneficiaries outside your immediate family will be subject to evaluation.
5. You will receive your Free 90-day Personal Accident Insurance certificate
and your processed deposit slip.
6. What’s your savings account number?
Ask the bank officer where in the deposit slip your account number is. Or pasulat mo na lang sa isang papel.
6. You will be instructed to claim your BPI Pamana Padala debit card 3 days after account opening. Pero kahit wala pa sa iyo ang debit card mo, active na ang account mo. Puede ka nang mag-deposit kung meron kang extra money.
7. Your Life Insurance certificate will be sent to your email address after you have made your 4th inward remittance from abroad within a 12-month period. Effectivity date will be the date of receipt of your 4th remittance.
8. If your spouse or your child or the persons you will be sending money to later on do not yet have a BPI savings account, ask them to come with you to open their own BPI savings accounts.
Bakit kelangang meron silang account? So you will save on remittance fees.
Just remit your salary to your account (dito ka lang magbabayad ng remittance fee), then transfer online (FREE transfer) to your spouse’s account or child’s account or parent’s account anytime they need money. Ang online money transfer from BPI to BPI is INSTANT, any day, any time.
Do not forget! Once you have your debit card, enroll your account in BPI online banking.
Go to BPI Express Online
Click Enroll Now under Online Banking Login
After enrolling, Activate your enrollment at a BPI ATM. Take note of the code given to you.
Sabihin mo na rin sa asawa o anak o parents mo na mag-enroll sa BPI online banking para mas madali nilang ma-check kung credited na ang trinansfer mong pera sa kanilang account.
REMEMBER! Para lagi kang INSURED, mag-remit ka madalas from abroad sa Pamana Padala account mo.
Ang requirement ng BPI: Dapat meron kang at least 4 foreign remittances within the past 12-month period.
How much naman ang insurance coverage?
Ang amount is equal to your total remittances within the past 12 months, up to 300,000 pesos or US$6,000. Total remittances will be divided by 12, then the resulting amount will be given to your beneficiaries every month for 12 months.
What insurance company will handle the insurance?
BPI-Philam Life Assurance Corp, a subsidiary of Philam Life and an affliate of BPI.