Yes, you can TRANSFER MONEY ONLINE from your BDO account to a BPI account or to an account at any of the banks listed below.
But it’s not free. The charge is 100 pesos per transfer.
How to Transfer Money Online from BDO to Another Local Bank Account:
If you’re using your PC:
1. Login to your BDO online banking account
2. Click “Send Money“
3. Click “To Another Local Bank“
4. Enter details:
- Settlement Type: Credit to Another Local Bank
- Transaction Type: Credit to Other Bank
- Value Date:
- Transfer from: (Your BDO account)
- Sender Name:
- Address 1:
- Address 2:
- Mobile Number:
- Birth Date:
- Other Bank Code/Name (Choose from Dropdown List of Banks)
- Account No.:
- Receiver Name:
- Receiver Address 1:
- Receiver Address 2:
- Birth Date:
- Mobile Number:
- Purpose of Transaction:
1. Go to your BDO mobile app
3. Press Send Money
4. Press To Another Local Bank
5. Under Transaction Type, choose Credit to Other Bank
6. Under Transfer from
Choose the account you will transfer from
7. Amount: Type amount
8. Under Destination Bank, choose bank to transfer to
Scroll the dropdown
9. Type Destination Account Number
10. Type your information
Birth Date: MM/DD/YYYY
11. Type your receiver’s personal information
Birth Date: MM/DD/YYYY
Purpose of Transaction
If you like to save above information for future transfers, Save Template
12. Press Confirm
LIST OF BANKS to which You Can Transfer Money Online from your BDO account:
- Allied Savings Bank (now PNB Savings Bank)
- AMA Bank
- ANZ Bank
- Asia Trust Development Bank
- Asia United Bank (AUB)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Bangkok Bank
- Bank of Commerce (BCommerce or Bancom)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI; some call this bank BPI Islands)
- Bank of Tokyo
- Bank One Savings and Trust Corp.
- BPI Family Savings Bank
- China Bank
- Chinatrust Bank
- Citibank Savings
- City Savings Bank
- City State Savings
- Deutsche Bank
- Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP)
- East West Bank
- Ecology Savings Bank
- Equicom Savings Bank
- Filipino Savers Bank (A Rural Bank)
- First Allied Bank
- First Consolidated Bank
- First Macro Bank
- Guagua Savers Bank
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC)
- HSBC Savings
- Insular Savings Bank
- Islamic Bank
- Land Bank of the Philippines (Landbank)
- Luzon Development Bank
- Malayan Bank
- MayBank Philippines
- Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co. (Metrobank)
- Philippine Business Bank
- Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- Philippine Postal Savings Bank
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PBCom)
- Philippine Savings Bank (PSBank)
- Philippine Trust Co.
- Philippine Veterans Bank (Veterans)
- Planters Development Bank
- Premiere Development Bank
- RCBC Savings
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC)
- Robinsons Bank Corp.
- Sarangani Rural Bank
- Security Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Sterling Bank
- Summit Bank
- UCPB Savings Bank
- Union Bank of the Philippines
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- United Overseas Bank (UOB)
- University Savings Bank
- Veterans Bank
Note: There are some recipient banks that charge 100 to 150 pesos for incoming peso transfers from other local banks.
How Fast Will the Money Be Credited to the Recipient Account?
Transfers before 10 a.m. during business days are credited the same day.
Transfers after 10 a.m. and during weekends and holidays are credited the next business day.
Because this type of transfer involves another bank, your transfer might not be processed the same day or the next day, or even the second day, so do not use this service if the money transfer is urgent.
If it fits your purpose, you can use this instead: Send Money for Cash Pickup at any branch of BDO, SM Remit (SM Mall), Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, Palawan Pawnshop, RD Pawnshop and Rural Bank partners.
Special Warning for Those Funding Cheques:
If you plan to use this online money transfer service to fund a cheque, transfer several days ahead of the cheque’s due date. Make sure to monitor the transfer to ensure your cheque will be funded and won’t bounce.
Are there minimum and maximum limits in the amounts of money we can send?
The minimum is 100 pesos.
The maximum is 50,000 pesos per day, or 5 Send Money transactions per day.
What happens if I entered a wrong bank name, account name or account number?
Sana walang account name at account number na ganon doon sa other bank. Kung meron, mapupunta doon sa acccount na yon at hindi mo na mababawi pa.
If that wrong account name and account number does not exist in the other banks’ records, the other bank will reject your transfer. BDO will return your money to your account, in 1 to 2 days. The 100-peso fee will not be returned, kasi nag-transfer naman yong BDO, hindi lang tinanggap ng other bank.
After 2 or 3 days at hindi pa naibabalik sa account mo, call BDO: 631-8000. Be ready with your bank details and the details of your Send Money transaction.
As of now, the Send Money to an Unenrolled BDO account is free. Apparently, there will be a charge for this transfer in the future.
Are there cheaper online money transfers in the Philippines?
Yes, online transfers using bancnetonline.com and unionbankph.com are cheaper. But your account need to be, respectively, a Bancnet-member bank account or a Union Bank Eon Visa debit card account.