Here's a ranking of the smaller savings banks in the Philippines -- those that had less than 1 Billion Pesos in Total Assets as of December 2011, based on banks' financial statements published on the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas website.
The top 36 savings banks had more than 1 billion in assets as of December 2011.
RANK SAVINGS BANK ASSETS
37 Dumaguete City Development Bank 976.491
38 Merchants Savings and Loan
39 University Savings Bank 638.548
40 Farmers Savings and Loan Bank 632.401
41 Card SME Bank, A Thrift Bank 543.357
42 Opportunity Kauswagan Bank,
A MF TB 519.365
43 Village Bank, A Thrift Bank 424.002
44 Cordillera Savings Bank 368.650
45 Iloilo City Development Bank 357.772
46 Bataan Development Bank 327.943
47 Liberty Savings Bank 276.521
48 Pampanga Development Bank 258.841
49 Bataan Savings
and Loan Association 256.730
50 Business and Consumers Bank
A Development Bank 240.292
51 Life Savings Bank 240.085
52 Metro Cebu Public Savings Bank 190.421
53 Lemery Savings and Loan Bank 189.697
54 Tower Development Bank 187.020
55 Pacific Ace Savings Bank 178.241
56 Maritime Savings and Loan
57 Progress Savings and Loan
58 Malasiqui Progressive Savings
and Loan Bank 124.736
59 Pride Star Development Bank 120.588
60 Sampaguita Savings Bank 115.804
61 Sun Savings Bank 107.194
62 Microfinance Maximum SB
63 Quezon Coconut Bank, A TB 98.109
64 Dungganon Bank A MF TB 77.056
65 Northpoint Development Bank 55.002
Savings Banks in the Philippines, With Less than 1 Billion in Assets
- Philippine Resources Savings Banking Corp (PR Savings Bank), was formerly Philippine Rural Banking Corp. (PR Bank), is a 77-office bank in Cauayan City, Isabela, according to the BSP banking directory. PR Bank was upgraded from a rural bank to savings bank or thrift bank in July 2011. It started operating as a savings bank in November 2011, according to BSP Circular Letter No. CL-2011-070.
- Bank One Savings and Trust Corp.: This bank is listed in the drop-down menu of the BSP's data page, but the "page cannot be found"
- These 3 savings banks are listed on the BSP's online savings bank directory, but they are missing from the financial sheets section:
Silangan Savings and Loan Bank, Inc., a one-office bank in Silang, Cavite, has had no financial reports on the BSP website since December 2009, and possibly earlier. (I researched only up to Dec 2009)
Inter-Asia Development Bank, a two-office bank in Tagaytay City, had total assets of 88.419 million pesos and a return on equity of -25.19 percent as of December 2010.
The Palawan Bank (Palawan Development Bank) is a ten-office bank based in Puerto Princesa City.
- Banco Filipino Savings and Mortgage Bank, based in Makati
Closed on March 17, 2011
- LBC Development Bank, based in Makati
Closed on September 9, 2011
- Express Savings Bank,based in Cabuyao, Laguna
Closed on July 7, 2011
- Bank of Calape Savings and Mortgage Bank, based in Calape, Bohol
Closed on July 29, 2011
TOP BANKS 2011-2013
TOP BANKS 2011-2013
Is Your BDO Kabayan Active?
10,000 pesos!That's now the maintaining-balance requirement for a BDO Passbook Savings Account. Note to OFWs
The increase from 5,000 to 10,000 pesos took effect on May 1, 2014.