Updated December 22, 2014
You can send money to the Philippines from Cyprus through the following:
– Philippine banks’ correspondent banks in Cyprus (wire transfer or telegraphic transfer)
– Western Union
– Coinstar Money Transfer
– Internet-based money transfer operators
BDO Remittance Partner in Cyprus:
Masari Payment Services Ltd.
Windsor Business Center
53 Spyrou Kyprianou, Mesa Geitonia
BPI correspondent bank in Cyprus:
Swift code of BPI is BOPIPHMM
Bank of Cyprus Public Company Ltd.
METROBANK correspondent banks in Cyprus:
Swift code of Metrobank is MBTCPHMM
Bank of Cyprus Public Co. Ltd.
Hellenic Bank Public Co. Ltd.
FBME BANK LTD
PNB correspondent banks in Cyprus:
Swift code of PNB is PNBMPHMM
Alpha Bank Cyprus Limited, Nicosia
Bank of Cyprus Public Co. Ltd., Nicosia
Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd., Nicosia
COINSTAR Money Transfer in Nicosia
Coinstar Partners in the Philippines are Metrobank and BDO
Coinstar operates across Cyprus. Among its branches are in:
Mediterranean EURO Finance
13 Agiou Pavlou Street
Agios Andreas P.C. 1105
Tel No: 357 22 55 66 77
Universal Bank branches in Anfora, Iskele, Sinirustu, Catalkoy, etc.
Tel No.: 392 5338696854, 392 5338696854.
G.S Cash Line – Mr Chicken Paphos
G.S Cash Line – Papantoniou Shop
G.S. Cash Line Paphos EURO Retail
MONEYGRAM in Cyprus
Moneygram can be found in banks, shops and postal offices, including the following:
– Peraeus Bank (Cyprus) Ltd.
– Ellinas Finance
– Cyprus Post
– Virianos Travel Ltd.
– Kai Zheng
– Yiannakis Constantinou
– MK Alexandria Ltd.
– Loizos Elia
– Manolis Manoli
– Norma Neofytidou Pafos
– Agnes Yee Chee Tang
– Mantoyiannakos Insurance Agents
– Nataliia Smolii
– Demourtsidis Pavlos
– Chrysanthos Kaiser
WESTERN UNION in Cyprus
Western Union can be found in banks, shops and cooperatives, including the following:
– Gap Akis Express Ltd.
– Alpha Bank
– Universal Savings Bank Ltd.
– Pomos Tylliria Co. Op
– Co-Op Orinon Theretron
– Synergatiko Tamieftirio Astynomikon
– Alexandros Alexandrou
– Polemidia Co-Op
– Laiki Bank
– Chloraka Co-operative Credit S
– Dimitris Papastavrou
– Bank of Cyprus
– Gap Akis Express Ltd.
– Aradipou Co Op
– Chrysiana Travel
– Elliniko Tamieftirio Paphou
– Frenaros Co Op Cr. Society
– National Bank of Greece
– Evripides Evripidou
– Fini Co-Op Credit Society
– Kibris Iktisat Bankasi Ltd
– Central Co-Operative Bank
– Orinis Co-operative Credit Society
* Some reports say that there are about 22,000 Filipinos and Sri Lankans in Cyprus as of April 2009.
* According to a DOLE report, there are about 1,200 Filipino domestic helpers in Cyprus whose minimum monthly salary has been increased in January 2011 from 26,474 pesos to 28,140 pesos (from 429 euros to 456 euros).
* OFWs in Cyprus sent the 11th biggest remittance total in Europe in the first 5 months of 2011 — more than 21 million U.S. dollars. Money transfers from Cyprus increased by nearly 16 percent over the five-month period. A huge proportion of the total remittance from Cyprus came from sea-based Filipino workers.