There are two insurance firms added to the previous list (2014-2015):
East West Aegeas Life Insurance Co.
Generali Life Assurance Philippines Inc.
There were 2 insurance companies removed from the previous list (2014-2015):
BF Life Insurance Corp.
Philippine Prudential Life Insurance Co., Inc.
List is alphabetically arranged.
1. AsianLife and General Assurance Corp. *
2. BDO Life Assurance Co. Inc.
(formerly Generali Pilipinas Life Assurance Co.
as of June 30, 2016)
3. Beneficial Life Insurance Co., Inc.
4. BPI-Philam Life Assurance Corp.
5. CAP Life Insurance Corp. **
6. CLIMBS Life & General Insurance Cooperative *
7. Caritas Life Insurance Corp.
8. Cooperative Insurance System of the Philippines
9. Country Bankers Life Insurance Corp.
10. East West Ageas Life Insurance Co.
11. First Life Financial Company, Inc.
(formerly First Guarantee Life Assurance Co.
as of 2007)
12. Fortune Life Insurance Company, Inc.
13. FWD Life Insurance Corp. **
14. Generali Life Assurance Philippines, Inc.
15. Insular Life Assurance Co., Ltd., The
16. Manila Bankers Life Insurance Corp.
17. Manufacturers Life Insurance Co. (Phils.), Inc.
18. Manulife Chinabank Life Assurance Corp.
(formerly The Pramerica Life Insurance Co., Inc.)
19. Paramount Life & General Insurance Corp. *
20. Philam Equitable Life Assurance Co., Inc.
21. Philippine American Life and General Insurance Co. (PhilamLife) *
22. Philippine AXA Life Insurance Corp.
23. Philippine Life Financial Assurance Corp.
(formerly Asian Life Financial Assurance Corp.)
24. Philippines International Life Insurance Co., Inc.
25. Pioneer Life Inc.
26. PNB Life Insurance, Inc.
27. Pru Life Insurance Corp. of U.K.
28. Sun Life Grepa Financial Inc.
29. Sun Life of Canada (Philippines), Inc.
30. United Coconut Planters Life Assurance Corp.
31. United Life Assurance Corp.
Two Life Insurance Companies REMOVED from the Previous LIST:
1. Philippine Prudential Life Insurance Co. (PPLIC)
(put into conservatorship in Nov 2016)
2. BF Life Insurance Corp.
(put into receivership in March 2016)
Two Life Insurance Companies were added to the 2016-2018 List:
1. EastWest Ageas Life Insurance Corp.
Launched in January 2016, it's a joint venture between universal bank
EastWest and Belgium-based international insurance group
Ageas Insurance International NV.
2. Generali Life Assurance Philippines, Inc.
Relaunched in July 2016 as a life insurance company by
Generali Group from its acquired non-life insurance firm
Generali Pilipinas Insurance Co. (GPIC)
Life insurer Generali Pilipinas Life Assurance Co. was
acquired by BDO and renamed
BDO Life Assurance Co. Inc.
* These 4 companies are licensed to sell both life and non-life insurance policies:
1. AsianLife and General Assurance Corp.
2. CLIMBS Life & General Insurance Cooperative
3. Paramount Life & General Insurance Corp.
4. Philippine American Life and General Insurance Co. (PhilamLife)
** These 2 companies first appeared in the 2014-2015 list:
CAP Life Insurance Corp.
FWD Life Insurance Corp.
List that Preceded the List Above:
Licensed Life Insurance Companies for 2014-2015
See here Name Changes: Licensed Life Insurance Firms 2013-2014
Top Life Insurance Companies, by Net Worth as of December 2013