Updated as of July 24, 2023.
Rural bank uli, tulad ng mga nakaraang taon, ang unang bank na nagsara ngayong taon. At rural banks din ang mga sumunod na nagsara.
Siguro mas gusto na ng karamihan ang mga digital banks, katulad ng Maya, o mga big banks na maraming ATM machines sa ibat-ibang lugar, kaya konti na ang tumatangkilik sa mga rural banks.
1. Rural Bank of San Agustin
- Head office address at RB Building, Vallejo St., Barangay I (Pob.), Jones, Isabela
- Had one branch: RB Building, Maharlika Highway, Brgy. Masaya Centro (Pob.), San Agustin, Isabela
- Closed by the BSP on January 5, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC on January 6, 2023
2. Rural Bank of San Marcelino Inc.
- Office address at #21 Agpalo St., Central
San Marcelino, Zambales,
- Closed down by the BSP on February 9, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC on February 10, 2023
3. Binangonan Rural Bank, Inc.
- Office address at 135 Baltazar St.
Brgy. Layunan (Pob.), Binangonan, Rizal,
- Closed down by the BSP on April 27, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC on April 28, 2023
4. Rural Bank of San Juan (Southern Leyte), Inc.
- Office address at San Jose Poblacion
San Juan, Southern Leyte
- Closed down by the BSP on May 25, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC on May 29, 2023
5. Bangko Pangasinan – A Rural Bank, Inc.
- Head office address at E.T. Gonzales Bldg., Mac Arthur Highway
M.H. Del Pilar St., Mayombo, Dagupan City, Pangasinan
- Had 4 branches:
- PDB Bldg., Marcos Ave., Palamis, Alaminos City, Pangasinan
- M. Guiang St., Poblacion, Burgos, Pangasinan
- Zamuco St., Poblacion, Aguilar, Pangasinan
- National Road, Concordia, Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Closed down by the BSP on June 1, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC on June 2, 2023
6. United Consumers Rural Bank, Inc.
- Closed by the BSP on July 20, 2023
- Taken over by the PDIC
- Reference: Circular Letter No. CL-2023-040
To depositors of closed banks:
You can contact:
The Public Assistance Department (PAD)
Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation
Mail/Courier at: PDIC Building, 2228 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City 1231
Hotline : (632) 8841-4141 (for depositors within Metro Manila, during office hours)
Toll Free : 1-800-1-888-7342 or 1-800-1-888-PDIC (for those outside Metro Manila, during office hours)
Email : email@example.com
You can also check the Facebook page of PDIC for announcements and information.
Facebook : www.facebook.com/OfficialPDIC