Here’s a list of Metro Manila-based banks with microfinance functions, based on a Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas list as of June 30, 2010.
Microfinance refers to financial services offered to low-income families or people who can not access typical banking services.
Microfinance is also one of the strategies used by organizations to help lift poor people out of poverty. With good management and leadership, microfinance projects can empower poor people.
1. Allied Savings Bank
2. Century Savings Bank
3. Citystate Savings Bank, Inc.
4. GSIS Family Bank, A Thrift Bank
5. LBC Development Bank
6. Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank
7. Philippine Postal Savings Bank
8. Philippine Business Bank, Inc.
9. Planters Development Bank
10. Robinsons Savings Bank Corporation
11. UCPB Savings Bank
12. BPI GLOBE BanKO, A SAVINGS BANK
Top 27 Savings Banks in the Philippines — or Top 27 Thrift Banks