Here's an alphabetical list of savings banks or thrift banks in the Philippines, authorized and supervised by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, based on data published on the BSP website. Included are the locations of their Headquarters.
Savings Bank Location of Headquarters
1 1st Valley Bank, A Development Bank, Cagayan de Oro
2 Banco De Oro Savings Bank, Makati
3 Bank of Makati, A Savings Bank, Makati
4 Bank One Savings and Trust Corp., Manila
5 Bataan Development Bank, Bataan
6 Bataan Savings and Loan Bank, Bataan
7 BPI Direct Savings Bank, Makati
8 BPI Family Savings Bank, Makati
9 BPI Globe BanKo, A Savings Bank, San Juan City
10 Business and Consumers Bank (A Development Bank), Iloilo City
11 Card SME Bank, A Thrift Bank, San Pablo City
12 Century Savings Bank Corp., Pasig City
13 China Bank Savings, Makati
14 City Savings Bank, Cebu City
15 Citystate Savings Bank, Pasig City
16 Comsavings Bank, Pasig City
17 Cordillera Savings Bank, Nueva Vizcaya
18 Dumaguete City Development Bank, Dumaguete City
19 Dungganon Bank, A Microfinance Thrift Bank, Negros Occidental
20 Enterprise Bank, A Thrift Bank, Surigao del Sur
21 Equicom Savings Bank, Makati
22 Farmers Savings and Loan Bank, Bulacan
23 First Consolidated Bank, A Private Development
Bank, Tagbilaran City
24 Hiyas Banking Corporation, Bulacan
25 HSBC Savings Bank Phils, Makati
27 Inter-Asia Development Bank, Tagaytay City
28 Isla Bank, A Thrift Bank, Makati
29 Legazpi Savings Bank, Legazpi City
30 Lemery Savings and Loan Bank, Batangas
31 Life Savings Bank, Cainta
32 Luzon Development Bank, Laguna
33 Malasiqui Progressive Savings and Loan Bank, Pangasinan
34 Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank, Makati
35 Maritime Savings Bank Corp., Cavite
36 mBank Philippines, A Thrift Bank, Laguna
37 Merchants Savings and Loan Association, Davao City
38 Metro-Cebu Public Savings Bank, Cebu
39 Microfinance Maximum Savings Bank, Oriental Mindoro
40 Northpoint Development Bank, Laguna
41 Opportunity Kauswagan Bank, (A Microfinance Thrift Bank), Iloilo City
42 Optimum Development Bank, Mandaluyong
43 Pacific Ace Savings Bank, Olongapo City
44 The Palawan Bank (Palawan Development Bank), Palawan
45 Pampanga Development Bank, Pampanga
46 Penbank, A Private Development Bank, General Santos City
47 Philippine Business Bank, A Savings Bank Caloocan City
48 Philippine Postal Savings Bank, Manila
49 Philippine Resources Savings Banking Corp.
(PR Savings Bank), Isabela
50 Philippine Savings Bank, Makati
51 Phil Star Development Bank, Batangas
52 Planters Development Bank, Makati
53 PNB Savings Bank, Makati (formerly Allied Savings Bank)
54 Producers Savings Bank Corporation, Pasig City
55 Progress Savings and Loan Bank, Zambales
56 Queen City Development Bank, A Thrift Bank (Queenbank), Iloilo City
57 Quezon Coconut Bank, A Thrift Bank, Lucena City
58 RCBC Savings Bank, Inc., Pasig City
59 Sampaguita Savings Bank, Laguna
60 Sterling Bank of Asia, A Savings Bank, San Juan City
61 Sun Savings Bank, Cebu
62 TongYang Savings Bank, Makati
63 Tower Development Bank, Bulacan
64 UCPB Savings Bank, Makati
65 United Overseas Bank Philippines, Makati
66 University Savings Bank, Manila
67 Village Bank, A Thrift Bank, Bataan
68 Wealth Development Bank Corporation, Cebu City
69 World Partners Bank, A Thrift Bank, Laguna
Updates on Certain Savings Banks :
- Tong Yang Savings Bank was acquired in July 2015 by Taiwanese bank Yuanta Commercial Bank Co. Ltd., the fifth foreign bank allowed to operate in the country, under the new bank liberalization law. Tong Yang was previously Orion Savings Bank.
Tongyang was acquired from Yuanta Securities Korea Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Yuanta Securities whose parent company is Taiwan-based Yuanta Financial Holdings.
- PNB Savings Bank is now the name of Allied Savings Bank. Allied was renamed after PNB merged with its subsidiary Allied Bank Corp.
- Robinsons Savings Bank Corporation became a commercial bank called Robinsons Bank Corp. in February 2010, following its purchase of the Royal Bank of Scotland NV's shares in the Royal Bank of Scotland (Philippines) Inc.
- Liberty Savings Bank, located in Bulacan, which was previously 47th in assets as of December 2011, changed to a rural bank named Liberty Bank, A Rural Bank in April 2012.
- Premiere Development Bank, 19th in assets as of March 2012, was acquired by Security Bank and renamed Security Bank Savings. The acquisition was announced online in June 2011.
Security Bank Savings was formerly Premiere Development Bank, a subsidiary of Security Bank.
- Penbank, A Private Development Bank, was formerly Peninsula Rural Bank, Inc.
- Phil Star Development Bank was formerly Pride Star Development Bank. Name change approved by the BSP on February 26, 2014
- Citibank Savings was acquired by BDO and renamed Banco de Oro Savings Bank.
- BDO Elite Savings Bank surrendered its banking and trust licenses to the BSP and got approval on 20 August 2015.
- Producers Savings Bank Corp. acquired Iloilo City Development Bank on October 31, 2013. Producers Savings started operating as merged bank on November 12, 2013.
- The Real Bank, A Thrift Bank surrendered its banking license in August 2014 after its assets and liabilities were acquired by BDO Unibank.
- Silangan Savings and Loan Bank, based in Silang, Cavite, was closed down by the BSP on January 9, 2014.
- Bank of Calape Savings and Mortgage Bank, based in Calape, Bohol, was closed in July 2011. It had one branch.
Top Savings Banks in the Philippines, Based on ROE Dec 2010
Top 27 Savings Banks in the Philippines — or Top 27 Thrift Banks
Banco Filipino Had Been Waving Red Flags
Top 10 Banks in the Philippines based on Assets, Deposits and Capital