Here's an alphabetical list of savings banks or thrift banks in the Philippines, authorized and supervised by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, based on data published on the BSP website. Included are the locations of their Headquarters.
Savings Bank Location of Headquarters
1 1st Valley Bank, A Development Bank, Cagayan de Oro
2 Bank of Makati, A Savings Bank, Makati
3 Bank One Savings and Trust Corp., Manila
4 Bataan Development Bank, Bataan
5 Bataan Savings and Loan Bank, Bataan
6 BPI Direct Savings Bank, Makati
7 BPI Family Savings Bank, Makati
8 BPI Globe BanKo, A Savings Bank, San Juan City
9 Business and Consumers Bank (A Development Bank), Iloilo City
10 Card SME Bank, A Thrift Bank, San Pablo City
11 Century Savings Bank Corp., Pasig City
12 China Bank Savings, Makati
13 City Savings Bank, Cebu City
14 Citystate Savings Bank, Pasig City
15 Cordillera Savings Bank, Nueva Vizcaya
16 Dumaguete City Development Bank, Dumaguete City
17 Dungganon Bank, A Microfinance Thrift Bank, Negros Occidental
18 Enterprise Bank, A Thrift Bank, Surigao del Sur
19 Equicom Savings Bank, Makati
20 Farmers Savings and Loan Bank, Bulacan
21 First Consolidated Bank, A Private Development
Bank, Tagbilaran City
22 Hiyas Banking Corporation, Bulacan
23 HSBC Savings Bank Phils, Makati
24 Inter-Asia Development Bank, Tagaytay City
25 Isla Bank, A Thrift Bank, Makati
26 Legazpi Savings Bank, Legazpi City
27 Lemery Savings and Loan Bank, Batangas
28 Life Savings Bank, Cainta
29 Luzon Development Bank, Laguna
30 Malasiqui Progressive Savings and Loan Bank, Pangasinan
31 Malayan Bank Savings and Mortgage Bank, Makati
32 Maritime Savings Bank Corp., Cavite
33 mBank Philippines, A Thrift Bank, Laguna
34 Merchants Savings and Loan Association, Davao City
35 Metro-Cebu Public Savings Bank, Cebu
36 Microfinance Maximum Savings Bank, Oriental Mindoro
37 Northpoint Development Bank, Laguna
38 Opportunity Kauswagan Bank, (A Microfinance Thrift Bank), Iloilo City
39 Optimum Development Bank, Mandaluyong
40 Pacific Ace Savings Bank, Olongapo City
41 The Palawan Bank (Palawan Development Bank), Palawan
42 Pampanga Development Bank, Pampanga
43 Penbank, A Private Development Bank, General Santos City
44 Philippine Business Bank, A Savings Bank Caloocan City
45 Philippine Postal Savings Bank, Manila
46 Philippine Resources Savings Banking Corp.
(PR Savings Bank), Isabela
47 Philippine Savings Bank, Makati
48 Phil Star Development Bank, Batangas
49 PNB Savings Bank, Makati (formerly Allied Savings Bank)
50 Producers Savings Bank Corporation, Pasig City
51 Queen City Development Bank, A Thrift Bank (Queenbank), Iloilo City
52 Quezon Coconut Bank, A Thrift Bank, Lucena City
53 RCBC Savings Bank, Inc., Pasig City
54 Sampaguita Savings Bank, Laguna
55 Sterling Bank of Asia, A Savings Bank, San Juan City
56 Sun Savings Bank, Cebu
57 TongYang Savings Bank, Makati
58 Tower Development Bank, Bulacan
59 UCPB Savings Bank, Makati
60 University Savings Bank, Manila
61 Village Bank, A Thrift Bank, Bataan
62 Wealth Development Bank Corporation, Cebu City
63 World Partners Bank, A Thrift Bank, Laguna
68 thrift banks as of June 2015
69 thrift banks as of February 2016
63 thrift banks as of June 2016
Updates on Certain Savings Banks :
- BDO Elite Savings Bank surrendered its banking and trust licenses to the BSP and got approval on 20 August 2015. It was consolidated into BDO Capital and Investment Corp. in July 2016.
- BDO Savings Bank, formerly Citibank Savings, was consolidated into BDO Capital and Investment Corp., together with BDO Elite Savings Bank, in July 2016.
- United Overseas Bank started operating as a commercial bank and as a bank branch of Singapore-based bank United Overseas Bank Ltd.
- Tong Yang Savings Bank was acquired in July 2015 by Taiwanese bank Yuanta Commercial Bank Co. Ltd., the fifth foreign bank allowed to operate in the country, under the new bank liberalization law. Tong Yang was previously Orion Savings Bank.
Tongyang was acquired from Yuanta Securities Korea Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Yuanta Securities whose parent company is Taiwan-based Yuanta Financial Holdings.
- PNB Savings Bank is now the name of Allied Savings Bank. Allied was renamed after PNB merged with its subsidiary Allied Bank Corp.
- Robinsons Savings Bank Corporation became a commercial bank called Robinsons Bank Corp. in February 2010, following its purchase of the Royal Bank of Scotland NV's shares in the Royal Bank of Scotland (Philippines) Inc.
- Liberty Savings Bank, located in Bulacan, which was previously 47th in assets as of December 2011, changed to a rural bank named Liberty Bank, A Rural Bank in April 2012.
- Premiere Development Bank, 19th in assets as of March 2012, was acquired by Security Bank and renamed Security Bank Savings. The acquisition was announced online in June 2011.
Security Bank Savings was formerly Premiere Development Bank, a subsidiary of Security Bank.
- Penbank, A Private Development Bank, was formerly Peninsula Rural Bank, Inc.
- Phil Star Development Bank was formerly Pride Star Development Bank. Name change approved by the BSP on February 26, 2014
- Citibank Savings was acquired by BDO and renamed Banco de Oro Savings Bank.
- Producers Savings Bank Corp. acquired Iloilo City Development Bank on October 31, 2013. Producers Savings started operating as merged bank on November 12, 2013.
- The Real Bank, A Thrift Bank surrendered its banking license in August 2014 after its assets and liabilities were acquired by BDO Unibank.
- Sampaguita Savings Bank, Inc. was closed down by the BSP on October 13, 2016.
- GSIS Family Bank or ComSavings Bank was closed down by the BSP on May 13, 2016
- Progress Savings and Loan Bank Inc. voluntarily surrendered its banking license in March 2016.
- Silangan Savings and Loan Bank, based in Silang, Cavite, was closed down by the BSP on January 9, 2014.
- Bank of Calape Savings and Mortgage Bank, based in Calape, Bohol, was closed in July 2011. It had one branch.
Top Savings Banks in the Philippines, Based on ROE Dec 2010
Top 27 Savings Banks in the Philippines — or Top 27 Thrift Banks
Banco Filipino Had Been Waving Red Flags
Top 10 Banks in the Philippines based on Assets, Deposits and Capital