There are now three trillionaire Philippine banks — BDO, Metrobank and BPI.
Finally, BPI has joined BDO and Metrobank in their 3-member-only trillionaire club.
Landbank will most likely be the next.
BDO first surpassed the one-trillion-peso-asset mark in June 2011 — more than 2 years before Metrobank did in September 2013.
And Metrobank surpassed the one-trillion-peso-asset mark 9 months before BPI did in June 2014.
PNB got into the Top 5 list in the first quarter of 2013 after completing its merger with sister company Allied Bank in February 2013.
TOP 17 Banks — Banks with Over One Hundred Billion in
|No. 18 to No. 33|
|23||JP MORGAN CHASE||58.713||25|
|25||BANK of TOKYO||56.423||22|
|31||BANK OF AMERICA||18.611||31|
|32||BANK OF CHINA||15.616||34|
|No. 34 to No. 36|
1. Union Bank fell by 2 places, from No. 8 to No. 10
2. Deutsche Bank fell by 2 places, from No. 18 to No. 20
3. ANZ moved up by 2 places, from No. 24 to No. 22
4. The Bank of Tokyo fell down by 3 places, from No. 22 to No. 25
5. JP Morgan moved up by 2 places, from No. 25 to No. 23
6. Bank of China moved up by 2 places, from No. 34 to No. 32
7. Metrobank first surpassed the one-trillion-asset mark in the
3rd quarter last year (July to September 2013).
5. CTBC Bank (Philippines) Corp. is the new name of
Chinatrust (Philippines) Commercial Bank Corp. Name change took effect in November 2013. Its
parent holding company, Taiwan’s most awarded bank, CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd. was formerly named Chinatrust
Financial Holding Co. Ltd.
6. PNB was 6th in total assets in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th
quarters of 2012.
After acquiring Allied Bank in February 2013, it moved up to No. 5
7. Allied Savings Bank, the thrift subsidiary of Allied Bank, is
now the thrift subsidiary of PNB.
8. Asia United Bank Corp. expanded from a commercial bank
to a universal bank on February 28, 2013.