1. Are my passbook and ATM card different?
Yes, they are different in the sense that one is a passbook and the other is an ATM card.
But they belong to one and the same account -- your account.
Your passbook and ATM card have one and the same Account Number.
Your Account Number is on the first page of your passbook.
2. I always withdraw using my ATM card, what's the use of the passbook?
For your reference and proof.
It's a printed record of your transactions,
such as deposits, withdrawals, remittances, or transfers, whether through ATM machine, or online or over the counter at BDO.
3. I have been using my ATM card only, and there's no record at all in my passbook.
Your passbook will have records of your transactions only after you present your passbook at a BDO branch for updating.
4. Is there a deadline or time frame for updating?
None. You can request for passbook updating every month, or every several months, depending on your need.
5. Is there a fee for updating?
6. Are you required to deposit or withdraw when you update?
7. After someone abroad sends money to my Kabayan, do I need to update my passbook before I can withdraw using my ATM card?
No. You can withdraw through the ATM as soon as your remittance gets posted into your account.
8. Is the number on my ATM card my account number?
No, that is not your account number. Your account number is on the first page of your passbook.
Your account number consists of 10 digits. It has 12 digits if you include 00.
The 16-digit number on your ATM card is your ATM card number. It's used by the bank for reference and tracking.
9. Can I withdraw over-the-counter using my passbook?
Yes, usually if you're withdrawing a big amount.
For smaller amounts, it's easier and faster to withdraw from the ATM machine.
10. Is there a fee to withdraw over-the counter at a different branch?
Yes. It's 100 pesos.
11. Is Kabayan only for remittance from abroad?
Can anyone deposit to my Kabayan account over-the-counter?
No, it's not only for remittance.
Yes, anyone can deposit to your Kabayan account over the counter.
12. Is there a deposit fee?
But if you opened your account in Metro Manila, and someone deposits to your account in Laguna or in the Visays the deposit fee is 100 pesos. This is called interbranch deposit fee. It's charged when account branch and deposit location are in different phone area zones.
13. I opened my Kabayan account abroad. Can I use my ATM card abroad?
Not yet. You will have to activate your ATM card first.
When you take your vacation in the Philippines, activate by changing your ATM PIN at a BDO ATM machine.
14. If my ATM card is not yet active, is my Kabayan account active? Can I send money to it?
Even if your ATM card is not yet active, your Kabayan account is already active. Yes, you can send money to it.
15. I activated my ATM card when I was in the Philippines. But I forgot my ATM PIN. What should I do so I can use it here abroad?
If you no longer can remember your PIN, there's no remedy that you can do there abroad.
Wait till you get back in the Philippines, so you can go to your BDO branch, ask for a replacement ATM card (a new ATM card), and activate your new card by changing your PIN.