You can send money from Cambodia to the Philippines through ABA Bank.
ABA Bank is short for Advanced Bank of Asia Ltd., one of Cambodia's premier commercial banks.
ABA Bank delivers your money to the Philippines through its Philippine remittance partners:
1. DBP (Development Bank of the Philippines)
You can choose from the following modes of remittance:
- Credit to DBP account in peso or US dollar
- Credit to bank account in another bank in peso or US dollar
- Cash pickup at any DBP branch in USD or peso
- Door-to-door cash delivery
- Payment of SSS, Pag-ibig or Philhealth or other bills
If your family is far from a DBP branch, instruct them to claim their remittance with their IDs at the nearest ML Lhuillier or Cebuana Lhuillier. Send them the reference no. and remittance amount.
Maximum remittance amount per transaction: US$ 10,000
Remittance fees: Range from 4 to 8 US dollars, depending on mode of remittance.
Speed of remittance: Within an hour to next banking day, depending on mode of remittance.
Just go to the nearest ABA Bank branch with your ID or passport, and request for a DBP Remittance form. Fill up the form.
2. Globe GCash
Your recipient can claim your remittance at any Globe Business Center. Ask for GCash Remit.
How to Send Money:
You will send using any ABA Cash-in Machine or Pay&Go Kiosk.
Steps to send:
1. Go to any ABA Cash-in Machine or Pay&Go kiosk
2. Enter your contact details and personal info of your recipient
3. Insert your dollars. Include the fee of 6.99 US dollars
4. Get your receipt and reference code.
5. Send the reference code to your recipient.
Your recipient can claim your remittance at Globe outlets. Mention GCash Remit.
Remittance fees: Flat fee of 6.99 US dollars for any amount from 10 to 500 US dollars.
If you like to send 1,000 US dollars, do two transactions.
GCash remittance is not offered over the counter at ABA, only through an ABA Cash-in Machine and Pay&Go kiosk.
Your recipient can claim your remittance at any MoneyGram outlet.
Visit the nearest ABA Bank branch with your National ID or passport.
Fill up a Send form, then submit the form together with the remittance money and transfer fee
Receive the reference no.
$500 or less $8.99
$501 to $1000 $18
$1001 to $1,500 $27
$1,501 to $2,000 $36
$2,001 to $5,000 $70
$5,001 to $7,500 $140
$7,501 and above $200
The maximum remittance amount per transaction is $10,000
Speed of remittance: 3 business days
Your recipient needs to go to any MoneyGram outlet with his/her valid IDs and the reference no.
4. Wire Transfer or Outside Swift Transfer
You can use this if you have an account with ABA Bank.
This is usually used to transfer big amounts of money.
Just go to the nearest ABA Bank branch and request for a wire transfer.
You will fill up a form.
Note: Another bank in Cambodia offering MoneyGram and wire transfer services is Canadia Bank PLC.